Fard Solutions Consulting understands our client busy schedules that do not allow for prolonged travel to a distant training facility. For this matter we created In-House training whereby our trainer will personally conduct the training in clients’ office. Our training classes can accommodate classroom sizes from up to twenty five(25), but we have found fifteen (15) or fewer students per class to be the most productive experience for our participants. We ensure every participant has all the tools they need to succeed in every class.
What we offer?
- Our participants enjoy a true technical, “hands-on” experience, with virtual images on each participant’s personalized computer. Our training lab utilizes our simple yet effective format of Learn it, Do it, Prove it. Every class is comprised of PowerPoint-driven lectures and “hands-on” labs.
- We have created training classes and the ability to custom-create Quest training courses that meet your company’s specific needs.
- At the end of the training we provide quick reference booklet to every participants which is the summary of every custom course we trained.
[section title=”Conducted For“]
[section title=”Course Information“]
Title: FS-5010A Microsoft PowerBI
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 09:00 am – 05:00 pm
Intended for Data Analysts who are responsible for the analytic of their data and report generation.
[section title = “Prerequisites“]
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of Data Analytic concept.
[section title=”Course Outline”]
Introduction to Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, Power Map
- Introduction to SSBI
- SSBI Tools
- What is Power BI?
- Power BI – Flow of Activity
- Building Blocks of Power BI
- Power BI – Primary Tools : Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, Power Map, Power Q&A, Power BI Desktop
Power BI Desktop
- Data Sources and Connections (Excel and CSV files, database or web data, etc…)
- Connect to Data in Power BI Desktop
- How to use Query Editor in Power BI
- Advanced Data Changes and Transformation
- Modeling Data – Manage Data Relationship, Create Calculated Columns, Optimize Data Models
- Shaping Data in Power Query
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Creating relationship between tables
- Views in Power BI Desktop
- Publishing to the Power BI cloud service
Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- What is DAX?
- Data Types in DAX
- Calculation Types
- DAX Functions : Date and Time, Time Intelligence, Information, Logical, Mathematical, Statistical, Text, Aggregate
- Measures in DAX
- Table Relationships and DAX
- Why Data Visualization
- Practices for Data Visualization
- How to use Visual in Power BI
- Reports in Power BI
- Charts in Power BI (Scatter, Waterfall, Funnel)
- Treemaps Visualizations
- Tables Visualizations
- Map Visualizations
- Gauges and Single Number Cards
Introduction to Power BI Q&A and Data Insights
- Power BI Q&A
- Dashboard vs Reports
- Creating a Dashboard
- Dashboard Tiles
- Pinning Tiles
- Quick Insights with Power BI
- Power BI Publisher for Excel
- Office Store
- Downloading Custom Visuals
- Importing Custom Visuals in Power BI Report
- KPI Visuals
- Data Binding in Power BI